ABOUT LOGGERHEAD TOOLS
COMPANY AND MISSION
LoggerHead Tools LLC designs, develops and commercializes innovative, new-to-the-world tools manufactured in the United States. Its mission is to create value-added, problem-solving innovations that provide enhanced value to its customers. The founder of LoggerHead Tools is Dan Brown, a Chicago inventor who holds over 35 U.S. utility patents.
In 2005, LoggerHead Tools launched its flagship product, the Bionic Wrench® as a new class of hand tool differentiated by the way it grips nuts and bolts on all sides. In 2006, the company introduced an open-ended version of the Bionic Wrench called the Bionic Grip®, as well as the ImmiX®, a multi-tools series that combines the 6-inch Bionic Wrench, screwdriver bits, and optional retractable stainless steel knife blades in the handle. In 2007, LoggerHead Tools introduced the Pro-Gear line of professional grade tools, which features versions of the Bionic Wrench and Bionic Grip with durable nickel finish and an Interlock® mechanism that stays engaged while under torque load. Later that year the company introduced the Bit Dr.®, a pocket screwdriver that packs the function of a 21-piece driver set in the weight of a standard screwdriver.
LoggerHead Tools® has received several product awards for innovative design:
- 2017 North American Retail Hardware Association "Retailers Choice Award"
- 2009 Popular Mechanics, "Breakthrough Innovation Award"
- 2007 iF award from the International Design Forum (iF) for the ImmiX®
- Nominated for the 2007 German Design Award, the design award of the Federal Republic of Germany for the Bionic Wrench®
- 2006 FinOvation Award from Farm Industry News for the Bionic Wrench®
- 2006 Good Design award from the Chicago Athenaeum for the ImmiX®
- 2006 Chicago Innovation Award for the Bionic Grip®
- 2006 Red Dot: Best of the Best award for the Bionic Wrench®
- 2006 iF Gold award from the International Design Forum (iF) for the Bionic Wrench®
- 2005 Good Design award from the Chicago Athenaeum for the Bionic Wrench®
- 2005 Editor’s Choice award from Popular Mechanics for the Bionic Wrench®
P.O. Box 83
Palos Park, IL 60464
Dan Brown: President
Dan Brown Jr.: Director of Business Development
LoggerHead Tools products are manufactured in the United States by Penn United Corp. in Cabot, Pa., which has a reputation for high-quality hand-tool production and assembly.